September 26, 2020
Dear Parents and Students, April 1, 2020
We welcome you to the First Day of this new Academic Year- 2020-21 !
On this first day, please follow the given sequence of steps which would lead to your transition to the Blossoms online learning community being as smooth and effortless as possible.
- Download the Microsoft Teams App or visit Teams on a web browser. Details given below.
- You are to login on Teams using your child’s Office 365 ID and password (already provided to you)
- A Welcome Message from your child’s Educators awaits you in your child’s class Team.
- You are to read Teams Policies where your ward is expected to maintain a classroom-style decorum in his/her class Team
- Navigate through the Teams and watch an instructional video if need be.
Best wishes and Good Luck!
See you on Teams today,
The Blossoms School
You can access/download Teams on:
1) Play Store (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.teams
2) App Store (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-teams/id1113153706
3) Chrome/Edge: www.office.com (Login & Click on Teams)
I write to you today with humility but also with a lot of pride and happiness.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 – when we launch Blossoms eLearning Nexus – will mark the beginning of an exciting new voyage for all stakeholders of The Blossoms School. We would never have reached this far without the unstinted backing and encouragement, over the past two decades, of our past and present parent community. So you have every reason to feel happy and proud too. On behalf of the Trustees, the School Managing Committee, the school’s teaching and non-teaching staff and also on my own behalf I congratulate you for being a part of the Blossoms fraternity on this momentous day.
I would take this opportunity to say that what we are getting into is uncharted territory for all of us. As with anything new we will begin with baby steps. We want our children and our educators to learn the ropes happily and that the process of learning-teaching is creative and collaborative, engaging and enjoyable, fulfilling and fun.
Since eLearning is by definition technology-driven we anticipate that in the beginning there will be glitches and goof-ups, bottlenecks and botch ups, confusion and consternation!! During this phase, we will have to be calm, restrained and extremely patient with one another.
As ever, we seek your unflinching support, in working together in the interest of our children, to make this new initiative a grand success.
We will be working mainly through Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Forms. We will be sending some basic tutorials on these two apps to you via WhatsApp tomorrow morning, In sha Allah.
As Principal of The Blossoms School it is my proud privilege to say to our children and you, “Welcome aboard!” on this eLearning voyage.
With warm and best regards.